Tuesday

So, you thought you knew Clarks...

I think we can all be clear on one thing. While I work in fashion and adore it, believe me, I do; shoes are just...my thing.

No sooner had I shared some images of my ever growing heel collection than I was coveting yet more pairs.

And from a very unlikely, to me, source.



We all know Clarks. Of course we do - a high street staple courtesy of whom most of us probably acquired our first school shoes. I think it was even them who informed me I have 'wider' than average feet. A fact that has plagued me ever since - but as you can tell from my last post, hasn't held me back on the buying front at all.

When I think of the British high street Clarks is up there with M&S, HMV, Selfridges...I'd like to go on but unfortunately the current economic crisis appears to be having a somewhat less than ideal effect on our once thriving main shopping strips.

That is why when I saw the new S/S '12 collection from Clarks I decided to buy into it - to support the Great British high street and keep these giants in business - as well they should be.


Truth be told it was a single pair of metallic flats that got my attention. They are so wonderful I feel as though I might be walking slightly off the ground when they're on my feet. They're real all year round-ers. Great with a floral summer dress, even better with a sharp female tux and an attitude to match - think Janelle Monae.



Never one to turn down a good pair of leather flat sandals I couldn't resist the following either...the silver were too much like my earlier blogged about Marni pair so I opted for the darker shades but seriously - how great are these going to look in 4 weeks time when I'm strolling through Barcelona, sunglasses on, legs out? I can hardly wait.





I stopped at this point - concerned after my recent spending sprees that my bank manager might call to voice his opinion.

But these are next on my wish list. A pair of ACTUALLY NICE flatforms and what I suspect may well be the perfect height wedge - all shiny and luring me to wear them.







And if that wasn't enough to convince you to pop in and take a look for yourself just you wait until A/W '12 lands. Full on classic British heritage designs with tweed, suede, leather and prints 2dyefor (see what I did there?!)

The post on that won't be far away...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think..?